Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2019


   Sorry I haven't posted anything in almost a week now, I've been really busy. Happy Valentines Day! since I'm home-schooled there was no Valentines for me, haha. And I'm not saying that all home-schoolers don't do anything on Valentines day, just my family doesn't. One of my friends family is really into giving presents and her parents give them something like a stuffed animal and a sort of candy. And I'm not complaining that I don't have a Valentine of my own, I actually don't mind, because I don't want to be in any relationships that won't last. And I don't plan on being in a relationship until I'm much older!  For me valentines Day is a time to eat chocolate, and afterwards get good sales on chocolate. haha!
 
    I have not cooked anything lately. The other day I did make mini apple pies. they were pretty good, and they turned out much better then the souffle :). I didn't take a picture though, oops.
   
   This weekend at Shiloh Bible Camp is Movie Makers Weekend. It is for youths in 6th-12th grades. You learn how Movies are made, and do it yourself with your group. you learn how to video, act, write scripts, edit, and how to work together as a team to make a movie in two days. It's a whole lot of fun. Most of the time you have to make your movie based off of the scripture that the directors chose. You make life long friendships and learn not only how to make movies, but also learn more about God.

  Right now on the Do Hard Things Community (created by Alex and Brett Harris, who wrote the book Do Hard Things.) we do Challenges every week, and this week's is Do something scary. The goal of this challenge is to get us out of our nice, comfy, and cozy, comfort zones. Yay! no, not really yay, but it is good for us to get out of our safe zones. some people (like me) are introverts, and prefer not to talk to people or do something that makes us stand out. so I have not completed this challenge as of yet. I still need to come up with an idea of what to do, and fast because it's do on Saturday. "EEK!" Tomorrow I have a home-school co-op so I plan on completing this wonderful challenge there.

  I plan on posting on Saturday, but it will be later in the evening. and I will should have a horse breed ready for you guys by then. 


5 comments:

  1. I love Do Hard Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Shiloh Bible Camp Movie Makers sounds so fun! I've never read Do Hard Things.....maybe I should......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it, Izzy! It is perfect for your age!

      Delete
    2. Yes you should! It's a really good book, and encouraging. The way they wrote it makes me feel very motivated! I might read it again since it's been a year or two since I've read it.

      Delete
    3. OK, I'll look into it! Thanks!

      Delete